The mission of the California State PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families.
Adopted August 2013
The California State PTA is a professional, non-profit volunteer organization committed to the well-being of all children.
We believe every adult has a responsibility to ensure that all children develop to their full potential.
We believe parents are children's first teachers and that parent involvement is essential throughout a child's educational experience.
We believe that family is the basic unit of society responsible for the support and nurturing of all children, and we recognize that "the family" may be defined in many ways.
We believe our responsibility includes advocating for the safety and welfare of all children and the opportunity for a quality public education for each child.
Join IHMS PTA
Iron Horse Middle School PTA was organized on February 12, 1996. Since then, the PTA has been an active supporter and participant on the Iron Horse campus. Each year, the priorities of the Iron Horse PTA have been:
- Welfare of the Iron Horse Middle School Students
- Parent education and involvement
- Communication between home and school
- Legislative voice for all children
- Community interaction and involvement with the school.
We generate income for our budget from PTA membership fees, family donations, directory sponsorships and sales, and the sale of Spirit Wear. Our PTA, the Iron Horse Education Fund, the Site Council, Iron Horse Staff, and Administration support our community with the primary purpose of providing educational excellence for our children.
To join, please go to the Future Fund online store at https://ihms.futurefund.com/store. In the store, you will have the option of purchasing an individual or family membership. Payments are accepted online.
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more!
As a member of the Iron Horse Middle School and California State PTA, you advocate for children, promote parent and family involvement in schools, and improve the lives of all children and families. Here are a few extra perks of membership available exclusively to PTA members like you!
And, whether you're buying school supplies for the kids or renting a car for your next family vacation, PTA members can save money on everyday purchases thanks to National PTA Member Offers.