This committee is in great need of a leader. If you are interested in heading up this program as a representative for the Iron Horse School, we have many volunteers who are happy to assist. Please contact your PTA president, Diana Davis at email@example.com for further information.
Who We Are
The PTA Special Needs Committee fosters collaboration among parents, teachers, schools, and the community to support children with special needs. Many schools have a Special Needs Committee Representative on their local PTA who represents the school on our council committee, provides information back to the school, and may plan programs or get-acquainted gatherings for the school site.
What We Do
- Provide information and support to parents and staff so they can help children with special needs succeed.
- Help ALL children and adults understand and appreciate challenges faced by children with special needs.
- Work legislatively to secure and retain adequate laws and funding for children with special needs.
As part of our educational outreach, we are planning a valuable array of programs to provide support for parents and educators of children with special needs for the 2020-2021 school year, including:
- Evening Programs: Several evening programs will be offered throughout the year, on various topics related to children and youth with special needs.
- Annual Parenting Conference: We will arrange a variety of breakout sessions for the annual Parenting Conference in late February/early March of 2016. Please look for conference information later in the fall.
- Ability Awareness: We will provide and support ability awareness workshops and simulations to students, parents and staff.